[bitcoin-dev] Core Devs : can you share your thoughts about all BIPs on this website ?

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 04:45:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 4:57 AM, Nicolas Dorier via bitcoin-dev
> I created a small website which show a chart of your approvals about various
> BIPs (which you must fill by yourself with a signed pgp message)
> For each BIP, you can fill if you approve or not, and give comments. (HTML
> accepted, so you can link stuff you your posts)
> It would help the community a lot, so I hope you will do it !
> I'm open to add other important devs, big miners, or other proposal that I
> missed.

I think this is a bit well, sad, at the moment--  a basic principle in
sound decision making is that one should try to withhold judgement
until after the analysis and options are laid out to avoid prematurely
laying down "battle lines" which then they're socially and politically
committed to a particular answer.

There are several other BIPs in the works right now that aren't out
there yet, as well (as presumably) new insight from the workshop. It
would be a shame if these things would be for naught because of being
decided prematurely.