[bitcoin-dev] Revisiting NODE_BLOOM: Proposed BIP

Matt Corallo lf-lists at mattcorallo.com
Fri Aug 21 17:53:34 UTC 2015

The proposal will not break any existing clients in the first release.
After sufficient time to upgrade SPV clients, a new version will be
released which will result in older SPV clients finding themselves
disconnected from peers when they send filter* commands, so they can go
find other peers which do support bloom filtering.