[bitcoin-dev] Censorship

sisadm101 at clovermail.net sisadm101 at clovermail.net
Fri Aug 21 18:03:33 UTC 2015

People are wondering why there is such a division in the bitcoin community
at this time. Bitcoin as a whole is only so big. The bitcoin discussion
communities are spread out, but there are only a few popular ones.
BitcoinTalk and Reddit seem to be the largest, most popular where bitcoin
discussion happens consistently and from almost everyone in the community
(devs, users, btc companies, merchants, and so on). I think we all know
where this is going. If not, here you go. BitcoinTalk and Reddit are
managed by a single person: Theymos. It's become quite clear over the past
several days/weeks, that Theymos is highly censoring bitcoin discussion,
mainly on Reddit, but also BitcoinTalk. If this single person is able to
censor content, and hush the debate, he (and whatever his agenda is), wins.
How can we as a community discuss these proposed changes, if the discussion
is from a one sided point of view? There doesn't seem to be a solution at
this time, but I find it dissapointing that many (in this very email list)
aren't discussing this important part of the issue. Maybe it's becuase
Theymos is anti-bigger blocks, which seems to coincide with the Blockstream
point of view, which many of the core devs belong to.

ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!