[bitcoin-dev] BIP 104: Replace Transaction Fees with Data, Discussion Draft 0.2.9

Ahmed Zsales ahmedzsales18 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 11:01:10 UTC 2015

Hello,

this working draft.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEbhrQ4ELzBOUVtOHJQdlhvUmc/view?usp=sharing

Update highlights:

1. Specific clarifications on replacing the Coinbase subsidy and
supplementing *and* not replacing transaction fees.

2. Clarification on block chain overhead. The value of data mining is on a
bell curve, so year six data will be removed every year.

3. Added references to an ability to create global, national and regional
Bitcoin Price Indices for popular baskets of goods transacted with Bitcoin.

4. Added references for an ability to use structured block chain data for
Bitcoin capacity and fork planning.

5. Removed references to price speculation.

6. Added preferences for deployment dates of January 2017 or January 2018.

7. Moving towards BIP format after discussion and evaluation period.
Technical content will increase in due course and discussion content will
be removed.

Further views and feedback welcome.

Regards,

Ahmed