[bitcoin-dev] Libconsensus separated repository (was Bitcoin Core and hard forks)

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 02:19:26 UTC 2015

One thing it occurs to me (and I don't know if this has been suggested
before) we could do is separate the BIP process into at several distinct
areas:

1) Commit structure changes/consensus rule change proposals
- Consensus-building process (how are proposals debated, improved, vetted,
and selected)
- Update/deployment mechanisms for rule changes
- Specific hard fork proposals
- Specific soft fork proposals

2) Peer policies
- Seeding and discovery mechanisms