[bitcoin-dev] [BIP-draft] CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY - An opcode for relative locktime

Btc Drak btcdrak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 10:15:35 UTC 2015

This BIP has been assigned BIP112 by the BIP repository maintainer. I
have updated the pull request accordingly.

Regarding the suggestion to cannibalise version, by your own
disadvantage list, we would lose fine grained control over txins which
neuters the usefulness considerably. Also using version is also ugly
because there isn't a semantic association with what we are trying to
do, whereas, sequence is associated with transaction finality and is
thus the more appropriate and logical field to use.