[bitcoin-dev] Dynamically Controlled Bitcoin Block Size Max Cap [BIP 1xx - Draft]

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Tue Aug 25 20:16:43 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 05:19:28PM +0800, Chun Wang via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Proposal 1 looks good, but tx fee collected can be manipulated by
> miners. I like the idea next block collect the tx fee from previous
> block.

What would you think of an approach like John Dillon's proposal to
explicitly give the economic majority of coin holders a vote for the max
blocksize? Miners could still vote BIP100 style for what max they were
willing to use, limited in turn by the vote of the economic majority.

I think in principle that would give all parties a clear voice in the
matter, which in turn makes whatever the result is more legitimit and
less controversial.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000013a6653562bcb4bda7570118635eeaa8597108576bc9733b