[bitcoin-dev] Dynamically Controlled Bitcoin Block Size Max Cap [BIP 1xx - Draft]

Hector Chu hectorchu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:28:49 UTC 2015

On 26 August 2015 at 01:29, Peter Todd via bitcoin-dev
> For instance, a very simple toy example that would work is just XORing your vote with SHA256(the entire blockchain)

Uh, that would totally not work.

I think my proposal of using CLTV to lock coins (votes) is better.
Failing a soft-fork to implement that in time, counting votes from the
UTXO set is also ok - the difference between that and CLTV is that it
is not as strong an evidence of commitment.