[bitcoin-dev] BIPS proposal for implementing AML-KYC in bitcoin

Dave Scotese dscotese at litmocracy.com
Thu Aug 27 19:42:50 UTC 2015

Prabhat,

You write about OFAC, KYC, and AML.
The *Office of Foreign Assets Control* (*OFAC*) is a financial intelligence
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_intelligence> and enforcement
agency of the U.S. government charged with planning and execution of
economic and trade sanctions
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_sanctions> in support of U.S. national
security
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_of_the_United_States>
and foreign
policy <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_policy_of_the_United_States>
objectives.
KYC means "Know Your Customer" which is something every intelligent
businessman does when his deals are significant.  Support for "KYC" is
built into reality and needs no qualification, compliance, or control.
AML means "Anti-Money-Laundering" which smacks of overreach.  Laundering
money serves to hide behaviors that authorities dislike, many of which are
actually helping the world.  Neomoney says it best
<http://neomoney.net/?p=426>: "Indeed, money laundering describes a wide
range of activities that are undertaken by innocent participants in the
economy. Authorities’ growing expectation of a right to violate our privacy
to enforce their laws, and an expectation that we do nothing to protect
ourselves from that violation of privacy, lie at the heart of money
laundering propaganda."

So your work comes across as that of someone who has been duped into doing
the bidding of the largest and most successful criminal organization on
Earth.  I do not accuse you of being deceived because no one can be blamed
for the damage done to them by such a powerful parasite.  I wish only to
open your eyes, or, at least what worked for me, your ears
<http://peacerevolution.podomatic.com/>.