[bitcoin-dev] Consensus based block size retargeting algorithm (draft)

Gavin gavinandresen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 22:24:01 UTC 2015

With this proposal, how much would it cost a miner to include an 'extra' 500-byte transaction if the average block size is 900K and it costs the miner 20BTC in electricity/capital/etc to mine a block?

If my understanding of the proposal is correct, it is:

500/900000 * 20 = 0.11111 BTC

... Or $2.50 at today's exchange rate.

That seems excessive.

--