[bitcoin-dev] Variable Block Size Proposal

Jameson Lopp jameson.lopp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 14:22:01 UTC 2015

I don't think you'll find much support for introducing a mandatory minimum
block size. It's quite wasteful to "pad" blocks with transactions that the
miner is just sending back to themself. If you want to solve the block
propagation issue, I'd recommend instead working on O(1) block propagation.

The Bitcoin Relay Network already allows miners to relay blocks much
faster: http://bitcoinrelaynetwork.org/

The next step would be getting O(1) block propagation into the Bitcoin
protocol. Check out Gavin's proposal:
https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/e20c3b5a1d4b97f79ac2

- Jameson

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 1:41 AM, Justin M. Wray via bitcoin-dev <