[bitcoin-dev] On the Nature of Miner Advantages in Uncapped Block Size Fee Markets

Jorge Timón jtimon at jtimon.cc
Sat Aug 29 17:30:33 UTC 2015

On Aug 29, 2015 9:43 AM, "Daniele Pinna via bitcoin-dev" <

> This work has vacuumed my entire life for the past two weeks leading me
to lag behind on a lot of work. I apologize for typos which I may not have
seen. I stand by for any comments the community may have and look forward
to reigniting consideration of a block size scaling proposal (BIP101)
which, due to the XT fork drama, I believe has been placed hastily and
undeservedly on the chopping block.

I don't like relying on exponential growth (that's why I don't like neither
Gavin's 101 nor Pieter's 103).

But I don't think it's too late to turn bip101 into just another proposal
for an uncontroversial hardfork (changing the 75% to 95% would be the first
step) and xt into just another software fork.

My favorite one so far is bip102 (even though I still consider "2mb now"
arbitrary and I'm worried about making mining centralization even worse
than it is now), but if it was framed as a schism hardfork like bip101 I
would also warn about the dangers of a schism hardfork for it.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/276849939/On-the-Nature-of-Miner-Advantages-in-Uncapped-Block-Size-Fee-Markets

I'll read it to try to understand your claims. Are you presentung this in
the scaling workshop?