[bitcoin-dev] Consensus based block size retargeting algorithm (draft)

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 17:51:56 UTC 2015

In principle I am sympathetic to dynamic block size proposals...but in
practice it seems we're barking up the wrong tree. Without mechanisms for
incentivizing validators...and checks and balances between the interests of
regular users (who want to reduce fees and confirmation time), miners (who
want to balance hashing and propagation time costs with revenue), and
validator nodes (who currrently lack any direct incentives), I think we're
talking about significant protocol complications with potential benefits
that are hard to model at best.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015, 3:16 AM Btc Drak via bitcoin-dev <