[bitcoin-dev] On the Nature of Miner Advantages in Uncapped Block Size Fee Markets

Peter R peter_r at gmx.com
Sun Aug 30 03:08:32 UTC 2015

> Of course this assumes the network does not change any as a result of
> such a system. But such a system provides strong incentives for the
> network to centralize in other ways (put all the mining nodes in one DC
> for all miners, etc).

If all the mining nodes are in one data center, and if all the nodes are programmed to build blocks in essentially the same way, then I would agree that the orphan cost would be negligible!  I will add this as an example of a network configuration where the results of my paper would be less relevant.

Peter