[bitcoin-dev] Your Gmaxwell exchange

Mike Hearn hearn at vinumeris.com
Mon Aug 31 19:11:52 UTC 2015

I think your summary of what people actually want from decentralisation is
pretty good, Justus.

> I don't believe that any Bitcoin user actually cares
> about decentralization, because none of them I've asked can define that
> term.

+1 Insightful

It's been quite impressive to see so many Bitcoin users and developers
saying, "Bitcoin is totally decentralised because it's open source and
nobody is in charge...... oh nooooooo we didn't mean you could change *those
lines! *If you want to change *those lines* then *we* must agree first!"

Believing simultaneously that:

1. Bitcoin is decentralised

2. Nobody should modify the code in certain ways without the agreement of
me and my buddies

is just doublethink.