[bitcoin-dev] Scaling by Partitioning

Akiva Lichtner akiva.lichtner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 21:41:07 UTC 2015

If the system is modified to scale up that means the number of transactions
is going up. That means the number of miners can also go up, and so will
the portion of malicious nodes. At least this seems reasonable. The problem
with partitions is that an attacker can focus on one partition. However
because the number of miners also increases any attacks will fail as long
as the miners are willing to work on any partition, which is easily
accomplished by round-robin.

Since there are N times more miners each miner still does the same amount
of work. The system scales by partitioning the money supply and increasing
the number of miners.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Patrick Strateman via bitcoin-dev <