[bitcoin-dev] Segregated Witness in the context of Scaling Bitcoin

jl2012 jl2012 at xbt.hk
Thu Dec 17 10:00:24 UTC 2015

I know my reply is a long one but please read before you hit send. I
have 2 proposals: fast BIP102 + slow SWSF and fast SWSF only. I guess no
one here is arguing for not doing segwit; and it is on the top of my
wish list. My main argument (maybe also Jeff's) is that segwit is too
complicated and may not be a viable short term solution (with the
reasons I listed that I don't want to repeat)

And also I don't agree with you that BIP102 is *strictly* inferior than
segwit. We never had a complex softfork like segwit, but we did have a
successful simple hardfork (BIP50), and BIP102 is very simple. (Details
in my last post. I'm not going to repeat)

Mark Friedenbach 於 2015-12-17 04:33 寫到: