[bitcoin-dev] Segregated Witness in the context of Scaling Bitcoin

jl2012 jl2012 at xbt.hk
Thu Dec 17 18:46:06 UTC 2015

This is not correct.

As only about 1/3 of nodes support BIP65 now, would you consider CLTV tx
are less secure than others? I don't think so. Since one invalid CLTV tx
will make the whole block invalid. Having more nodes to fully validate
non-CLTV txs won't make them any safer. The same logic also applies to
SW softfork.

You may argue that a softfork would make the network as a whole less
secure, as old nodes have to trust new nodes. However, the security of
all content in the same block must be the same, by definition.

Anyway, I support SW softfork at the beginning, and eventually (~2
years) moving to a hardfork with higher block size limit and better
commitment structure.

Jeff Garzik via bitcoin-dev 於 2015-12-17 13:27 寫到: