[bitcoin-dev] Forget dormant UTXOs without confiscating bitcoin

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Sun Dec 20 11:43:15 UTC 2015

What will be the actual effect over wallets?

Say I have the private key for a dormant UTXO older than the
consensus-critical maximum UTXO age. The UTXO is not part of the cache.
So I setup a full node and import my old private key (wallet.dat). Will
I even see the correct balance (where will it get if from, since it's
dropped from the cache), or it will show me a 0 balance?

If I can see the correct balance, where can I get the proof I need and
what ensures I'll always be able to get that proof?