[bitcoin-dev] We can trivially fix quadratic CHECKSIG with a simple soft-fork modifying just SignatureHash()

Jonathan Toomim j at toom.im
Tue Dec 29 13:00:45 UTC 2015

I suggest we use short-circuit evaluation. If someone complains, we figure it out as we go, maybe depending on the nature of the complaint. If nobody complains, we get it done faster.

We're humans. We have the ability to respond to novel conditions without relying on predetermined rules and algorithms. I suggest we use that ability sometimes.