[bitcoin-dev] An implementation of BIP102 as a softfork.

Martijn Meijering martijn.meijering at mevs.nl
Wed Dec 30 11:16:22 UTC 2015

That looks very interesting. But is effectively blocking old clients from
seeing transactions really safe? After all, such transactions are still
confirmed on the new chain. A person might try to send a similar
transaction several times, perhaps with increasing fees in an attempt to
get it to confirm and end up paying someone several times.

Maybe we could require the tx version number to be increased as well so
transactions sent from old clients would never confirm? Perhaps your code
already includes this idea, I need to look at it more closely.