[Bitcoin-development] Export format for xpub

Levin Keller post at levinkeller.de
Mon Feb 2 08:56:51 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I think this is my first email to this mailinglist so I will shortly
introduce myself:

I am Levin and the CEO of Coyno (www.coyno.com). Based in Berlin,
mathematician. Bitcoiner since 2011.

And now the reason for this email: Andreas (Schildbach) just released a new
update of his wallet. It now provides an export functionality for the m/0'
key in order to run read only copies on other devices. We already support
the format on our website. Of course we would love for this to become
standard. I also updated the Wiki article for Andreas' Wallet:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin_Wallet

How do you like it? How does this format get standard? Shall I try to get a
pull request to BIP32 passed?

Cheers

Levin