[Bitcoin-development] Export format for xpub

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Mon Feb 2 12:38:53 UTC 2015

On 02/02/2015 12:33 PM, Mike Hearn wrote:

> I looked at what Andreas is doing a few days ago - basically it's just
> an xpub string with a ?a=b&c=d query string added to the end, with a
> hierarchy type specifier and something else I forgot, encoded into a QR
> code.

It's h=bip32 for the hierarchy used and
c=123456 for the creation date of the wallet (in seconds since epoch).

I pondered about if we should add a scheme (e.g. "bitcoin-xpub:") but
decided to start without. The only advantage I currently see would be it
could be used on Android to dispatch intents to the right app(s).