[Bitcoin-development] Merged mining a side chain with proof of burn on parent chain

Isidor Zeuner cryptocurrencies at quidecco.de
Wed Feb 4 13:54:43 UTC 2015

Hi there,

comments in-line:

> > I later wrote up the idea in the context of adding Zerocoin to
> > Bitcoin:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/bitcoin-development@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02472.html

For the sake of maximum clarity with respect to modelling the value of
a Bitcoin, I don't think that approaches which change the number
of coins that can possibly be circulated should be encouraged.

So, I like the idea of having the "sacrificed" coins appearing in the
mining fees in a future block. But what is meant with OP_DEPTH in this
context? From what I read, this operation just manipulates the stack
size when evaluating the script, so I don't see how it would
affect miner incentives.

Best regards,

Isidor