[Bitcoin-development] Two Proposed BIPs - Bluetooth Communication and bitcoin: URI Scheme Improvements

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Feb 6 13:57:06 UTC 2015

> verification using breadwallet on apple is much faster (<1s) than HTTPS
> payment request on bitcoin wallet on android (apparently apple has a
> significantly more optimized signature verification algorithm).

Probably on Android it's being verified in Java instead of C++. Some
Android APIs are backed by OpenSSL but I don't know off hand if the way
we're verifying cert chains on Android is. It's eminently fixable, at any
rate.

X.509 cert chains are pretty bloated, but even so, shouldn't take several
seconds to transfer even over Bluetooth.

Bottom line is that there may be ~1s time transferring the data with this
> current bluetooth connection. Not sure how slow it will be with the BLE
> connection.

BLE isn't really connection oriented, as far as I know.