[Bitcoin-development] BIP for deterministic pay-to-script-hash multi-signature addresses

Peter Todd pete at petertodd.org
Fri Feb 13 07:53:14 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 10:13:33PM +0000, Luke Dashjr wrote:
> Where is the Specification section?? Does this support arbitrary scripts, or
> only the simplest CHECKMULTISIG case?

It might be enough to rewrite this BIP to basically say "all pubkeys
executed by all CHECKMULTISIG opcodes will be in the following canonical
order", followed by some explanatory examples of how to apply this
simple rule.

OTOH we don't yet have a standard way of even talking about arbitrary
scripts, so it may very well turn out to be the case that the above rule
is too restrictive in many cases - I certainly would not want to do a
soft-fork to enforce this, or even make it an IsStandard() rule.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000013cf8270118ba2efce8b304f8de359599fef95c3ab43dcb1