[Bitcoin-development] replace-by-fee v0.10.0rc4

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Fri Feb 13 11:34:56 UTC 2015

> > history. Lots of miners have dropped out due to hardware obsolescence,
> yet
> > massive double spending hasn't happened.
>
> How many thousands of BTC must be stolen by miners before you'd agree
> that it has, in fact, happened?
> (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321630.0)

Hmm. I think this is a disagreement over the term massive. I was meaning we
don't see double spending like we see carding fraud in the traditional
online payments world. We can talk about Finney attacks by linking to
specific discussions of specific events, because they are very rare, which
is why merchants generally ignore the possibility. I didn't mean the
numeric value of lost coins added up so far.