[Bitcoin-development] What's what with addr relaying?

Thy Shizzle thashiznets at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 19 11:33:11 UTC 2015

 Hi, plugging away at my C# Bitcoin node "Lego.NET" Thashiznets/Lego.NET now I am currently working on addr relaying. I am as we speak wiring up my DB in Azure, and ready to start plopping net_addrs in my DB, all good however I'm reading two different specification docs that seem to be wildly varying. I mean the first one here Developer Reference - Bitcoin didn't mention that version message now has the 4 byte checksum and no time in the net_addrs and I was getting reject malformed messages until I found the other document which informed me we now use the 4 byte checksum in version and no time in the net-addrs in version message. So I solved that and here is the other doco. I have found other variances like one document said that the heartbeat AND disconnect were 30 minutes, but then in the other document I read that Heartbeat is 30 minutes and disconnect is 90 minutes which seems far more sensible so I went with that and modified my code. Is there any other variations between these two spec docos that perhaps some of you devs know about that I need to look out for! Thanks! Shizzle.
|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Thashiznets/Lego.NETLego.NET - A C# full node for processing the Bitcoin block chain |
|  |
| View on github.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

|   |
|   |  |   |   |   |   |   |
| Developer Reference - BitcoinBETA: This documentation has not been extensively reviewed by Bitcoin experts and so likely contains numerous errors. Please use the Issue and Edit links on the bot... |
|  |
| View on bitcoin.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

|   |
| Satoshi Client Node Discovery - BitcoinContents 1 Overview 2 Handling Message "getaddr" 3 Discovery Methods 3.1 Local Client's External Address 3.2 Connect Callback Address 3.3 IRC Addresses 3.4 DNS Addresses  |
|  |
| View on en.bitcoin.it | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |