[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin at POS using BIP70, NFC and offline payments - implementer feedback

Jan Vornberger jan at uos.de
Mon Feb 23 19:56:50 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 05:59:34PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:

> > At the moment I'm also modifying BitPay's memo field to contain 'ack', as
> > Andreas' wallet otherwise reports a failure if I transmit the original via
> > Bluetooth. :-)
> >

> Huh?

For HTTP it checks whether 'nack' is _not_ presented:

  https://github.com/schildbach/bitcoin-wallet/blob/master/wallet/src/de/schildbach/wallet/offline/DirectPaymentTask.java#L133

But via Bluetooth it checks for 'ack' directly:

  https://github.com/schildbach/bitcoin-wallet/blob/master/wallet/src/de/schildbach/wallet/offline/DirectPaymentTask.java#L238

The latter should probably be at least changed to the reverse check as
for HTTP, but in general some non-memo way of doing that would be nice
of course.

Jan