[Bitcoin-development] Request for comments on hybrid PoW/PoS enhancement for Bitcoin

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Wed Feb 25 12:30:28 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

Just FYI you may not have received much feedback on this because Gmail put
it into the spam folder for some reason. So I'm guessing a lot of people
didn't see it.

My main feedback is - I do not really see how this is different from actual
mining. Mining also incentives the running of full nodes, miners are
rewarded via coinbases, etc. I'm missing a crisp description of why your
scheme is better than this, in particular, taking into account the
difficulty of distinguishing full node sybils of each other.