[Bitcoin-development] Providing Payment Request within URI

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Thu Feb 26 09:32:15 UTC 2015

Yeah, you'd be limited to simple usecases. X509 signing or lots of
outputs will make the QR code hard to scan. However, if all you want to
do is send to a custom script (without using P2SH) I invite you to have
a look at

https://github.com/schildbach/bitcoin-wallet/blob/master/wallet/src/de/schildbach/wallet/ui/InputParser.java#L86

https://github.com/schildbach/bitcoin-wallet/blob/master/wallet/src/de/schildbach/wallet/util/Qr.java#L134

https://github.com/schildbach/bitcoin-wallet/blob/master/wallet/src/de/schildbach/wallet/util/Base43.java

Basically it's "BITCOIN:-" plus the payment request in Base43 encoded
form. I picked Base43, because that's optimized for QR codes.