[Bitcoin-development] Bitcoin at POS using BIP70, NFC and offline payments - implementer feedback

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Thu Feb 26 12:30:38 UTC 2015

On 02/24/2015 11:41 AM, Mike Hearn wrote:
>     Does this not also require the BT publication of the script for a P2SH
>     address?
>

> You mean if the URI you're serving is like this?
>
>    bitcoin:3aBcD........?bt=....
>
> Yes it would. I guess then, the server would indicate both the script,
> and the key within that script that it wanted to use. A bit more complex
> but would still work to save URI space.

What if the script doesn't use any key at all?

Somehow this "re-using" the fallback address idea feels less and less
appealing to me. I think we should add our own parameter and let go of
fallback addresses as soon as possible. If will waste space during the
transition period, but after that it should make no difference any more.