[bitcoin-dev] Fork of invalid blocks due to BIP66 violations

odinn odinn.cyberguerrilla at riseup.net
Sat Jul 4 05:40:18 UTC 2015

Raystonn,

How would an average SPV wallet user know anything about this at all?
They might not know it is even happening, or if they have some idea
that something is wrong, then they wouldn't know what to do.

Say you use Electrum, some older version like 1.9.  Electrum's current
version is 2.3.3.  Or say you use a slightly older version like 2.2.
In any event, how is an end user possibly going to know which of
Electrum's (or any other SPV wallet's) versions are "the minimum
required for safety?" (so as to know they would need to upgrade
because problems)?  Is this just something where it's really down to
community announcements on websites and reddits and the like?