[bitcoin-dev] Thoughts on Forks, Scalability, and other Bitcoin inconveniences.

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 20:53:51 UTC 2015

Perhaps I didn't write that so well if I gave that impression. Perhaps
taking a look at some of my work in this space would make you think
otherwise. (yes, I've implemented an entire SPV stack from scratch...look
it up.)

But all patronizing aside, your claim that "the reason an attacker can fool
SPV clients into accepting invalid blocks is because there exists no
mechanism via which honest nodes can prove the invalidity of blocks" is
exactly to the point...and building such a mechanism would address the
first of the two options I give: make it cheap to securely validate or take
trust into account.

- Eric Lombrozo