[bitcoin-dev] [Bitcoin-development] Mining centralization pressure from non-uniform propagation speed

Mashuri Clark mashuribc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:15:08 UTC 2015

Would it be easy to code in another variable?  I think it would be useful to
know how a per-node imposed max block size limit (with this limit, a node
would still accept all incoming blocks, but refuse to relay any above a
specified size) would affect orphan rates and reorgs.  Example: What would
the orphan rate be of an 8MB block if 80% of all nodes refuse to relay it?
The resulting data would provide insight into how nodes can enforce a
dynamic maximum block size in absence of a hard limit.

I would do this myself but I am not a coder.  I'm hoping someone here who is
capable finds this data worth pursuing.

--

MC

---