[bitcoin-dev] Significant losses by double-spending unconfirmed transactions

Milly Bitcoin milly at bitcoins.info
Wed Jul 15 16:12:24 UTC 2015

Below are 2 examples why a systematic risk analysis needs to be used.
The current situation is that you have developers making hyperbolic,
demonizing statements that users are "spammers" and engaged in Sybil
"attacks."  Characterizing these activities as spam and Sybil attacks is
not a systematic analysis, it is closer to the process used at the Salem
Witch trials.

If this process of demonetization is to take its natural course then
these statements are "developer attacks" from a developer system that
lacks proper incentives and is rife with conflicts of interest.

Russ