[bitcoin-dev] Significant losses by double-spending unconfirmed transactions

Me jimmyjack at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 16:41:24 UTC 2015

> It's such a misconception that running many nodes somehow helps. It's much better that you run and control one or a few full nodes which you actually use to validate your transactions, than to run 1000s of nodes in third party datacenters. The latter only looks more decentralized.

I guess we sort of disagree here, perhaps my word “strength” was not the right word. Yes, running 6000 vs 7000 nodes makes no difference for the network strength, but (a) running 50 nodes vs 5000 does make a difference. I would love to see how the number of nodes drop if companies like blockcypher turn off their servers. Obviously it would not go 50. (b) running different clients (if blockcypher runs non-reference-bitcoinD client) makes the network less open wide-spread bugs

I feel we are really derailing the original topic btw  :-)