[bitcoin-dev] BIP 102 - kick the can down the road to 2MB

Ross Nicoll jrn at jrn.me.uk
Fri Jul 17 17:57:47 UTC 2015

I'd back this if we can't find a permanent solution - 2MB gives us a lot
more wiggle room in the interim at least; one of my concerns with block
size is 3 transactions per second is absolutely tiny, and we need space
for the network to search for an equilibrium between volume and pricing
without risk of an adoption spike rendering it essentially unusable.

I'd favour switching over by block height rather than time, and I'd
suggest that given virtually every wallet/node out there will require
testing (even if many do not currently enforce a limit and therefore do
not need changing), 6 months should be considered a minimum target. I'd
open with a suggestion of block 390k as a target.

Ross