[bitcoin-dev] For discussion: limit transaction size to mitigate CVE-2013-2292

Jeremy Rubin jeremy.l.rubin.travel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:18:00 UTC 2015

I think it's not a horrible idea to just add a field into the transaction
metadata for N_SIG_OPS in the script_sig

It is much simpler in implementation if the concern is complexity (once a
transaction goes above N_SIG_OPS it could be considered invalid, number
computed must be equal). It wouldn't even need to be stored permanently as
it can be pruned easily and recomputed later (hashes would protect against
buggy complicated sig counting code).

Furthermore, it would differentiate a branch with different counts well.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 2:09 AM, Gavin Andresen via bitcoin-dev <