[bitcoin-dev] BIP 102 - kick the can down the road to 2MB

Ross Nicoll jrn at jrn.me.uk
Tue Jul 21 22:05:14 UTC 2015

Not so much that the implementation is difficult, as it requires context
to validate a block size, rather than being able to validate it without
requiring the preceeding blocks. Yes, time on different machines may
vary, but block time is safe to use for this, because it's a
straight-forward test of "if block time is acceptable and block time is
after <date> then maximum block size allowed is n MB otherwise m MB".

Ross