[bitcoin-dev] Making Electrum more anonymous

Eric Voskuil eric at voskuil.org
Wed Jul 22 16:30:36 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

The scheme is essentially onion routing. The set of {M} are entry nodes
and the set of {S} are exit nodes. The weaknesses are as you would see
in an analogous TOR implementation:

(1) The lack of relay nodes {R} make collaboration between any subset of
{M} and {S} trivial.

(2) OR is a mixnet, so the size of the network matters a lot.

(3) The directory is a perpetual weakness.

(4) Content is visible to the exit node (or the final service). This
means each address must be passed via a distinct route to prevent
correlation.