[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin Core and hard forks

Ross Nicoll jrn at jrn.me.uk
Wed Jul 22 17:18:45 UTC 2015

So, if consensus shouldn't really be between the developers (which is
fine), should we empower users to control consensus? I've been working
on a fork framework anyway, which can support reasonably arbitrary
consensus changes (currently against block height, but moving towards
block time). Theoretically it could be modified to load consensus
parameters (which block size would have to be added to) from disk at
startup, rather than having them hard-coded.

Is that considered desirable? Will raise as a PR if so. If not, where do
we draw a line between developer and user consensus?

Ross