[bitcoin-dev] Libconsensus separated repository (was Bitcoin Core and hard forks)

Milly Bitcoin milly at bitcoins.info
Thu Jul 23 21:30:18 UTC 2015

 > Mike has sincerely said that he would like "Bitcoin Core to have a
 > benevolent dictator like other free software projects", and I wanted
 > to make clear that I wasn't putting words in his mouth

He is just pointing out reality. Decentralization is really just a
collection of centralized processes. If you ever want to change anything
someone, somewhere has to make a decision.

Satoshi was the first dictator and he set the consensus rules for his
version of Bitcoin and that is what people accepted. Those rules did not
appear by magic nor did they appear via some unexplained 'consensus'
mechanism. He made decisions and updated the code or accepted updates
made by others.

Russ