[bitcoin-dev] Bitcoin Roadmap 2015, or "If We Do Nothing" Analysis

Thomas Zander thomas at thomaszander.se
Fri Jul 24 13:39:08 UTC 2015

On Friday 24. July 2015 05.37.30 Slurms MacKenzie via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> It's worth noting that even massive companies with $30M USD of funding don't
> run a single Bitcoin Core node,

I assume you mean that they don't have a Bitcoin Core node that is open to
incoming connections. Since that is the only thing you can actually test, no?

Most companies are still terrified of accepting incoming connections from the
scary Internet. So I'm not entirely surprised by this conclusion.  I would be
very surprised if companies don't actually have a node at all.
--
Thomas Zander