[bitcoin-dev] Why Satoshi's temporary anti-spam measure isn't temporary

Mark Friedenbach mark at friedenbach.org
Wed Jul 29 00:46:20 UTC 2015

Does it matter even in the slightest why the block size limit was put in
place? It does not. Bitcoin is a decentralized payment network, and the
relationship between utility (block size) and decentralization is
empirical. Why the 1MB limit was put in place at the time might be a
historically interesting question, but it bears little relevance to the
present engineering issues.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Jean-Paul Kogelman via bitcoin-dev <