[bitcoin-dev] Răspuns: Personal opinion on the fee market from a worried local trader

Vali Zero valizero at yahoo.ro
Wed Jul 29 14:09:22 UTC 2015

 I am disappointed that you did not understand my point of view. Let me rephrase it for you,
People tipping, buying 0.99$ products and gamblers that need Bitcoin transactions *more* than the rest of the people will afford the fees that establish the equilibrium between demand and supply of Bitcoin transactions. The people are free to use they money for whatever they like, but you should understand that Bitcoin transactions are not free.
I was merely attempting to point out that spammers and gamblers would be the first ones that would go away. They would be free to spam or gamble, but they would have to pay for it.
When a category of users would get priced out because of the fee market, they would be free to use any altcoin they want.

Please understand that not everyone will leave. The more important players will remain, those that need it the most. The other players are free to use whatever altcoin they wish.

     În Miercuri, 29 Iulie 2015 16:47:57, Angel Leon <gubatron at gmail.com> a scris:

 "the gamblers and perhaps people transacting very low amounts. The people that actually need Bitcoin would remain."

so people tipping, buying $0.99 products, and gamblers actually don't need Bitcoin.
Who are you to say what people need to use money for?This statement goes against the freedom of decentralization and financial freedom Bitcoin should be able to provide.
It's an open network and it will be used as most users see fit, and that requires a blocksize increase wether you like it or not, it's simple physics, other time wait times will become unbearable for those not willing to pay the high fees, if people leave, then it only mean bitcoins isn't useful, and if bitcoin isn't useful, it's worthless.

http://twitter.com/gubatron