[bitcoin-dev] Răspuns: Personal opinion on the fee market from a worried local trader

Jean-Paul Kogelman jeanpaulkogelman at me.com
Thu Jul 30 04:07:33 UTC 2015

> On Jul 29, 2015, at 8:41 PM, Ryan Butler via bitcoin-dev <bitcoin-dev at lists.linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> Does an unlimited blocksize imply the lack of a fee market?  Isn't every miner able to set their minimum accepted fee or transaction acceptance algorithm?

Yes, miners can set this, and giving them more fine grained control over this (with sane defaults) will have a far bigger impact on establishing a proper fee market than depending on capacity (that nobody has any control over).

Allowing miners to set up some sort of tiered offering that delays transactions and maybe even have their tiers tie into the exchange rate to keep the costs constant over time.

I'm sure something like this has probably already been discussed before and I'm curious what the objections are to such a thing?

jp