[bitcoin-dev] Răspuns: Personal opinion on the fee market from a worried local trader

Ryan Butler rryananizer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 04:48:33 UTC 2015

I shouldn't have said unlimited, i should have said a greater blocksize
limit such as 8mb.

Anyways, why is that the assumption?  If a miner can do so, and do so
profitably, isn't that just competition?  Isn't that what we want?  If a
miner can mine low transaction fees at a profit then don't they deserve to
have their spot?  Surely if they do so unprofitably they quickly find
themselves out of business?  Besides, if a miner mines low fee transactions
by breaking rank, how does this affect another miner EXCEPT for the
additional blocksize load.  I would maintain this is just competition
amongst miners gentlemen.  And it's a good thing.

Right now things are distorted because most income comes from the coinbase,
but as transaction fees start to constitute the majority of income this
idea seems to have more importance.