[bitcoin-dev] Why Satoshi's temporary anti-spam measure isn't temporary

Milly Bitcoin milly at bitcoins.info
Fri Jul 31 00:15:19 UTC 2015

These are the types of things I have been discussing in relation to a
process:

-A list of metrics
-A Risk analysis of the baseline system.  Bitcoin as it is now.
-Mitigation strategies for each risk.
-A set of goals.
-A Road map for each goal that lists the changes or possible avenues to
achieve that goal.

Proposed changes would be measured against the same metrics and a risk
analysis done so it can be compared with the baseline.

For example, the block size debate would be discussed in the context of
a road map related to a goal of increase scaling.  One of the metrics
would be a decentralization metric.  (A framework for a decentralization
metric is at
http://www.hks.harvard.edu/fs/pnorris/Acrobat/stm103%20articles/Schneider_Decentralization.pdf).
  Cost would be one aspect of the decentralization metric.

Russ