[bitcoin-dev] A compromise between BIP101 and Pieter's proposal

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Fri Jul 31 13:17:58 UTC 2015

That's all well and fine.  But the pattern of your argument I would
say is "arguing security down" ie saying something is not secure
anyway, nothing is secure, everything could be hacked, so lets forget
that and give up, so that what is left is basically no
decentralisation security.

It is not paranoid to take decentralisation security seriously, it is
necessary because it is critical to Bitcoin.  Security in depth
meaning take what security you can get from available defences.

Adam